Ugandan nationals working on an oil rig in the Albertine Graben
We have identified three strategic themes that will enable us drive national content participation in the oil & gas industry in Uganda. The strategic themes are: Build the business; invest in people and partner strategically.
Build the Business
- Provide direct employment to Ugandans – through UNOC and Join Venture Partnerships (JVPs).
- Use local suppliers as we establish and run UNOC.
Invest in People
- Use local training and development companies.
- Support establishment international. accredited training centers.
- Support implementation of the Workforce skills development strategy and plan.
- Facilitate emergence, growth and capacity of local enterprises and host communities.
- Partner with companies that have clear National content and host community strategies, plans and track record.
- Provide market access to Ugandan Suppliers.