The midstream sector is driven by UNOC's two wholly owned subsidiaries; Uganda Refinery Holding Company Limited (URHC) and National Pipeline Company (Uganda) Limited (NPC).
URHC’s mandate includes the following:
- To participate in the Uganda Oil Refinery.
- To manage, develop and operationalize. the Kabaale Industrial Park.
- To enter into strategic partnership to chieve the above objectives.
- To own, operate and maintain any other facilities incidental to the above.
NPC’s mandate includes the following:
- Owning, operating, and maintaining oil and gas pipelines in Uganda such as participating in the development of the East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP)
- Operating and maintaining oil and gas storage terminals for both upstream, midstream and downstream activities.
- Owning and setting up strategic oil and gas reserves.
- To enter into strategic partnership to achieve the above objectives.