UNOC operates the Jinja Storage Terminal (JST), a 30-million-liter refined petroleum products storage facility at Jinja, in eastern part of the country.
JST is a bonded storage facility, which provides “hospitality” (storing fuel for oil marketing companies) to clients and keeps government strategic stock to ensure security of petroleum supplies. The Company is developing a fuel pipeline and an oil jetty to link the facility to water transport from Kisumu (Kenya). This will facilitate oil imports via the lake.
Jinja Storage Terminal
- Established in 1970s as a strategic reserve
- Terminal transferred to UNOC for its management in 2017.
- UNOC holding 100% interest.
- 30M liter Capacity Terminal located in Jinja
- Barge Transportation license Secured, Kisumu - Jinja
- Petroleum products delivered to JST via Rail – Access renovated
- Jetty & Pipeline Construction Ongoing
Project progress to date:
- On December 23rd 2022; UNOC took over full management of JST from One Petroleum limited (OPL) consortium after a 5 year joint venture partnership.
- License for barge transportation from Kisumu to Jinja already issued.
- The rail siding was rehabilitated, and the terminal commenced receipt of petroleum products via rail